Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Episode 3 - A study in malfunctions and perseverance


(1:41pm 7.19.2011 -- Edited to remove the distorted final segment)


Welcome back!  Above, you can stream the third installment of The Egalitarian Fun Hour!  This week it's just Shannon and me back in the chapel in Compton where we discuss various topics such as FYF Fest, the final Harry Potter Film, and the dreaded Carmageddon, among other things.  Enjoy!

The playlist for today's episode:

Vetiver - "Hard to Break" from The Errant Charm
Gary Numan - "Cars" from The Pleasure Principle
Francis and the Lights - "My Goals" from Striking
Tune-Yards - "Gangsta" from Whokill

An explanation of the sound quality after the jump.



As seems to now be usual, we ran into a few technical glitches while recording.  Upon editing the show last night, I realized that at a certain point in time (around the 14 minute mark) both of our microphones severely malfunctioned such that the audio was significantly distorted - it was truly unlistenable.  This remained true for my mic throughout the rest of the show, but fortunately Shannon's mic resolved itself, and so I cut out her unlistenable bit and the rest of the show takes place using only her microphone with my voice bleeding through.  I bumped up the levels of my voice where I could to make volume levels more comparable.  This hiccup was really unfortunate because I really enjoyed the conversation that we had, but we hope that the interesting parts shine through some of the technical glitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment